Contributor: Bob Mocarski — This was a recipe my father used to get us kids to like sauerkraut.
- Category: Main Dishes
- 1 pkg sauerkraut
- 1/4 c diced onions
- 8 hot dogs
- Drain the sauerkraut.
- Place the sauerkraut and onions in a pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook the sauerkraut per package directions or your preference.
- Cut lengthwise through half of each hot dog.
- Roll the hot dog 90 degrees and make another cut lengthwise through the previously cut halves so half the hot dog is uncut and the other half has 4 legs.
- Add the hot dogs and water to a pan and cook until the legs roll up toward the uncut half of the hot dog.
- Serve the hot dogs on top of the sauerkraut.